Saturday, January 9, 2010

Things that make you go...WTF??

If you don't watch Fox News, and I hear many of you don't, you might have missed this. Google is politically correct. Yep, beyond that in fact. I would say Google is...scared. Check it out, try it for yourself. Go to Google, and type in "Christianity is". Wait for the drop down box- Christianity is bullshit, a lie, not a religion, false, a cult, wrong.... Now try Buddhism- Buddhism is not a religion, wrong, not what you think, bullshit, false. Keep going! Try Judaism. Judaism is false, not a religion, a gutter religion, a cult. Keep going.

Try "Islam is".

WTF?

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, Shawnee, no kidding WTF??? Just stopped by to say hello, love your blog!!

    Claire from BF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tried it....Islam is brought up nothing; but Muslim is... brought up the same list as the others. So, I wouldn't be too bent out of shape over this.

    It's my understanding (I could be wrong) that the drop-down box fills in words/phrases people most commonly search, yes? Or is that not how it really works??

    (and, curious -- was it just a blank box for Islam is or did it previously have something else?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, that is an interesting point, I admit I had not tried Muslim. I still would like to hear a reason for the obvious censoring Google is doing though. As I typed this, Google says it is a bug (in the news) and they are working on it. Another interesting point however, is how everything that comes up for ANY religion is negative. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i recently came across a blog post about the things that pop up on google. so i tried it myself. even just starting with the words...why are there, with each new word the list gets worse and worse. blech.

    ReplyDelete