Tonight we are having Sunday dinner. Yes, it's Monday. But I want Sunday dinner on Monday. And so it shall be. Yes, everything in my life works like that. Pfft.
Sunday dinner is my dad's little creation, one he was enjoying before I went to live with him when I was 12. Sunday dinner is fried red potato quarters and pesto-cheese bread. Specifically, Jack cheese. It has to be Jack cheese. I quarter the potatoes, boil them for about 20 minutes, and then fry them in canola oil. The pesto is spread on rolls, halved length-wise. Usually French rolls. Then covered with shredded Jack cheese and broiled.
Odd combination, huh? Doesn't matter to me, I love it. The kids love it. The husband loves it. All that's missing from this meal is my dad, 60 Minutes and The Muppet Show.
On Sundays, we would ride the bike trails in Eugene to Fifth Street Market. I would get chocolate cheesecake from the bakery (insanely good) and dad would get a bottle of wine and some Jack from the wine and cheese shop. We would have dinner ready in time for 60 Minutes, and sit through The Muppet Show which followed. That was Sunday.
I miss that. I miss my dad. On Monday. So we will have Sunday dinner, tonight.
Monday, January 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment