-I am, again, mulling over nursing school. I have looked at the current programs and tuition requirements, and it can be done. It wouldn't be easy, but I hope I never thought anywhere along the way it would be.
-I bought paint for the bedroom ages ago, I can't even remember when. It still sits in the can, not on the wall. All I have been waiting for is to buy curtains. I should expedite that process.
-I have been fairly pre-occupied with illness, cancer, death, doom, gloom, negativity and various other spirit killing fears in recent months. This is to be expected. As is fearing every little ache, pain and hot flash means something life-ending. And being irritable? Typical for me actually, but pretty intense lately. Weight gain. Sleep disturbances. Thinning hair (though I could afford it!), growing hair (let's not get specific) and feeling more tired than ever. Depression. Tears. Palpitations. I was sure I had several different dreadful things going on, but I realized that I probably have just one dreadful thing going on. I don't even want to type the words. Peri-menopause. *SHIVER* Doesn't that just conjure up visions of polyester pants, never having sex again, mustaches, sensible shoes and never having sex again? I know that is not
-It's freaking cold! Too cold to take down the Christmas lights outside. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. You know, sticking to it like licking a pole in this weather. Ever try that? It's a myth, it won't hurt you. Go ahead, try it!
Sorry, I lost my filter...
-And finally, The hermit crab that wouldn't die, died. RIP
You. Crack. Me. Up. Seriously. And, congrats to your son & fiance; even though it is "just a formality" encourage them to go ahead and make it a super special day. (speaking 1st hand, 12.5 yrs later and wishing we'd done 1 or 2 things 'more' in the wedding rather than leaving them out 'cause it was 'just a formality' at that point....). Mostly -- Congrats!
ReplyDeleteif you have any questions or would like insight into nursing school, or what's it really like to be a nurse-feel free to contact me. i've been an RN since 1997, well got sick in 2007 and am now disabled...so 10 years of experience. i'll give you the *good* the *bad* and the *ugly*!
ReplyDelete