Ok, it's not a hernia.
I felt it, it was a hernia. Had a test, then it wasn't a hernia. Saw a different doctor, it was a hernia again. Saw yet another doctor today, a surgeon, and....it's not a hernia.
WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!?!
Technically, it is muscle weakness. The midline of the abdomen is called the rectus abdominis. Mine is weakened, mostly due to having ten pound babies, then additionally from looking as though I am carrying a ten pound baby. If there were a breach, or hole in the rectus abdominis, that would be a hernia. I am in no apparent danger of developing a hernia, and losing weight will of course reduce my chances of developing one in the future. So no surgery. I can carry my groceries, carry my laundry, and exercise. Wait, that's a good thing right? I might need to rethink this.
But seriously, what's a girl gotta do to get a straight, correct answer the first time?
Monday, January 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my goodness! Glad it's nothing serious and no surgery is needed!
ReplyDeleteHey it's Lindy. I just had my second hernia surgery in November, my first being in May. One on each side. If you want a second opinion my surgeon is wonderful and he's in Fredericksburg...Dr Bradley Ryan. I LOVE LOVE LOVE him and he will fix ya right up. Bobby will be going to him soon to see if his hernia needs repair yet or if he can squirm in pain for a little while longer. Good luck, I hope you feel better soon.
ReplyDelete