Yesterday my family and I, minus one child, did something we never do. In fact we recalled the last time we did "this" on the way to doing "this", and it was last year on my birthday, almost one full year ago. We went to a movie, in a theater. Some of us have been to the movies since then, but not all of us together. And not me. Exciting is a word. We saw Star Trek, yes go see this movie!! It was great, very exciting and loads of fun. I had heard it given a "family friendly" rating on my local Christian radio station, with the exception of some mild sexuality (which was one make out scene in underwear, with a green chick) and some language. Pfft, language. I don't mind language and violence so much for my 9 and 11 year olds, but sex is not something we are comfortable with them seeing yet. It was mild, and brief. What I wasn't prepared for were some of the things on the screen before the movie. Namely a music (I use that term very loosely)video by some girl who calls herself Jessie James (I assume that is her stage name from her stripper days and she kept it). Was that mean? Ah well. Anyway that was squirmy. Great movie though.
Our bathroom is 98% finished! I will post some pictures once it is all done. Though if you are on Facebook, the last thing you probably want to see is more pictures of Shawnee's bathroom. Well, this is my blog, suck it up. Go to another blog or something. But please come back soon, I love you! DON'T LEAVE ME!!
Sorry, dramatic moments frequently pop up in my head. Oh yeah, I have a nice little infection in one of my poison ivy spots. My left knee. I won't post photos of that, don't worry. I am writing this waiting for the doctor's office to open so I can
demand politely ask to be seen right away for some antibiotics. Today's forecast is fantastic, so I will be sure to spend it...inside? Working on the finishing touches for the bathroom, which by the way doesn't even have a window? Surely not. But I do have to get it done today, so we can start the next project, which is to paint the living room, dining room, stairway and upstairs hallway.
Off to call the doctor who will see me right away this morning so I don't have to throw a tantrum.
No comments:
Post a Comment