Get up.
Take dad to doctor.
Pat goes with him ready to fire said doctor if we don't get some serious action.
Pat leaves dad there for treatment, comes home to drop off prescriptions and have lunch, and wait for the call saying dad is ready to come home.
Prescriptions are written incorrectly.
Pat goes back to get dad and new prescriptions.
Come home with satisfied (for the moment) dad.
Pat goes to get prescriptions, now correct, but pharmacy does not have the drugs.
Pat comes home again, I call around to see who has the drugs.
We find a CVS who has them but one not in the strength written. In fact, the pharmacist doesn't think they even make that strength. She says she will take an order change over the phone if Pat comes in.
I fill the kid pool, and plop Tommy in it, watching from the kitchen window.
Meanwhile, I start on finding a wheelchair, which we have a referral for. I have no clue where to get it, so I call the insurance company.
Pat calls, the pharmacy accepted the dosage change over the phone, but they don't have the new dosage in stock. They fill the other med, and send Pat to yet another CVS, who has the new dosage in stock.
I spend a total of one hour on the phone, only 7 minutes of which was not waiting on hold, only to find that the doctor needs to fax all the information to the wheelchair provider.
Tommy has now moved to the front yard, where all the kids are playing with the hose and water balloons.
Pat calls back, and says the newest CVS will not fill an altered prescription. Pat explains everything from start to finish, pharmacist will not budge.
I called the doctor's office to get this fixed, they are closed. I tell Pat to come home, we will work it out.
Unbeknownst to me, Tommy has come in soaking wet and sat down on the couch, in the air conditioning. I dry and warm him and at this point get him into
I called CVS number two, and talked to the pharmacist who accepted the change over the phone. I told her our predicament, which was that if we were to get a new prescription it would mean driving to east Alexandria tomorrow, dad has an appointment at 11:00am, and I will have all three kids, meaning no medicine for him until late tomorrow afternoon, not to mention the extra driving and leaving him alone for a long stretch. She said she will try something and call me back.
She called CVS number four, who said they will be happy to fill it. I just need to go to Vienna. In rush hour. Which I did. Not realizing that I had some sloppy clothes on, and had not brushed my hair at all before I pulled it back in a ponytail. So giving the appearance of someone who is not well kept, hyper, haggard and desperate enough for potent narcotics she is willing to drive all over town for them. Luckily, I may have been the only one to notice.
Did you ever see Noises Off? But no one is laughing. What a day.
No comments:
Post a Comment