Monday, June 1, 2009

The new water closet.

Let me start by saying, I started this project two years ago. I started it and got it to the absolute ugliest stage I could get it to, and then life started happening and that is how it stayed for two years. This is our home, but this is not our house, and to say we have felt awful about leaving it in that state for so long would be a huge understatement. Not to mention having it be the first thing I saw in the morning and the last thing I saw at night. But finally, we have gotten it done! I am so flippin' excited, I think I might just camp out in there for a few days!

Before. Or rather after the before started, or whatever. Before this was better.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Pat installing the lauan. For those not flooring literate, that's sub flooring.
Photobucket

We all did a neat thing and signed that frame where the medicine cabinet used to be before we sealed it up.
Photobucket

Photobucket

I liked to call the bathroom The Phantom of the Opera. Get it?
Photobucket

The floor is done! We used Armstrong Allure, easiest thing ever!
Photobucket

It's amazing what a fresh coat of Kilz will do for a wall.
Photobucket

Wall board is installed, and half painted.
Photobucket

We put the toilet back, that was a good thing.
Photobucket

And, done! Well pretty much. We still need a few accessories, outlet covers, etc.
Photobucket

My sister-in-law Jenna bought this picture for me when I started the process. Sadly she is no longer with us to see it. I will think of her and smile when I look at it.
Photobucket

I am a little bummed the bright red rug doesn't show up well in this photo, it is one of the things I like the most in there.
Photobucket

I was hesitant about it, but I like the way the two different widths of bead board contrast and complement each other. We got a little messy with the crown molding and need to touch up the blue paint, but I am so flippin' excited! Did I mention that already? Oh.
Photobucket

So come on over and use my bathroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment