Well since I know you have been worried, maybe even have lost sleep, I will tell you that I did not in fact have an infection on my poison ivy, just poison ivy off steroids. Yes,
off. See, when I first developed a monster rash, I decided to take some leftover prednisone I had here at home. Don't judge me! I have taken enough steroids in my life to be Lou Ferigno. Well, except that he doesn't take them. But whatever, I knew what I was doing. Or so I thought. I had about a weeks' worth, and I have learned (the hard way) that when you take steroids for poison ivy, you need a good 10 days to 2 weeks worth. Or else you get a mighty rebound rash which is far more ghastly and itchy than anything ever created in the history of the world. So I got more, and feel better. There, now you can sleep tonight.
We are gearing up for the huge painting project I mentioned before. I am nervous, remember I don't have
fashion sense. I have not "decorated" a room since the early 90s, and I don't think
Nagel knock offs and a one in
a million ten print of
Boulevard of Broken Dreams is the style any longer. I have lived in apartments almost all my life, where you don't usually have permission to individualize your space in any way. Sort of like an HOA, ironically. Anyway, please wish me luck in making proper color choices. I am hoping to get this all done before Father's Day weekend. We are having a huge party with family and friends, some of whom I have not met or had in my home before. I would hate to make a first impression with blue walls that have various shades of green paint sampled all over the place.
If you could, please say a prayer for
Noah. I follow a few different blogs of people I do not know, people who have sick kids. Aside from being so deeply touched by their stories, I figure I have prayers to spare. I have healthy kids, kids untouched by evil or violence, kids who do not know poverty or hunger, kids who are happy. Yeah, I have prayers to spare.
No comments:
Post a Comment