Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My garden.

I started sharing some photos on another site of what's growing and blooming in my yard. I thought I'd put them all together here too.

We are in the midst of cleaning up a very neglected yard and landscape. It is slowly, but surely, coming together nicely. Well, I think so anyway.

The truth is that I love to play with my camera! I have a basic point and shoot digital camera at this time, and I try to do what I can to "pro it up".

Azaleas in bloom.
Photobucket

Photobucket

These might be my favorite, I love the blush in the blooms.
Photobucket

However, I also love the "freckles" in the red blooms.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Bowl of pansies, though I really should update this one, these have really taken off and are much larger now.
Photobucket

Geranium, looking a little sad...
Photobucket

...so I took a close up of the "good part". It is interesting how it photographs yellow.
Photobucket

Honeysuckle. We love this, it smells awesome and it's very pretty, but man it takes over everything!
Photobucket

The Topsy Turvy!!
Photobucket

And its first baby.
Photobucket

I planted this a couple of years ago, and have lost all recollection of what it is. It is just starting to bloom this year....
Photobucket

...with little pink buds...
Photobucket

...that turn into these delicate little white flowers. I am glad I bought this Whatever-it-is!
Photobucket

I discovered this a few days ago, it's the only one around. It's quite thick and velvety, I really like it and am hoping it flowers.
Photobucket

This is a weed. I have a lot of weeds. Like I said, I am playing with the camera.
Photobucket

Another to file in the "unknown/weed" category.
Photobucket

This popped up among a pile of wood near the perimeter of our yard, which backs up to the woods. Very cool.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Wild geranium.
Photobucket

Berry blossoms.
Photobucket

Photobucket

This is the neatest thing. I blooms white flowers in early spring, then becomes this...this. I would love to know what it is, I would plant more!
Photobucket

Hibiscus, or as Tommy calls it, Hibiscuit.
Photobucket

A rosebud, and the aphid who wishes to kill it.
Photobucket

Winner!
Photobucket

And last but not least, poison ivy. This is the one we love the most right now /sarcasm, as two of us are on steroids to counteract the insane amount of it we have on our bodies after the aforementioned yard work. Since it is pretty, I decided it can stay on the chimney, only Santa goes up there and not at this time of year.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment