Sunday, March 2, 2008
My $2 dilemma
This morning I went to the grocery store, and picked up my 2/$2 Sunday paper pack. I get this for the coupons. I got home, and there were no coupons! Since this particular paper is a worthless rag without the coupons, I send Pat back to either get me a paper with coupons, or my $2 back. The store manager, who in her defense was distracted by her iPhone the poor thing, looks inside and sees store circulars, which she mistakes for the manufacturers coupons I want. She says "oh there they are", which is good enough for Patrick, and he comes back home with my worthless paper. I decide I should go back myself, as the coupons are worth well over $2 to me. Then I decide three trips to the store, with gas at $3.09 a gallon, maybe isn't worth it after all. But I really had to be sure! So I looked through the coupons I did manage to get from our delivered paper, and decided if there were enough of them that I would actually use to make it worth a trip back to the store. All the while, I am fully aware that this is $2 we are talking about. I am wrestling with the money I will save by having the coupons, with the fact that I am really just out $2 if I don't go back. Then I try to think of something more important to worry about, because this is silly. Luckily, I could think of nothing else to worry about, which put it all in perspective for me. I let it go. Never mind that I forgot to ring up the fresh ginger I had in may basket, I discovered that on my way out. So I went back and rang up my ginger. 12 cents. How sad is it that I would feel better if I had just taken the .12c ginger?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment