Friday, March 28, 2008

'Til Death Do Us Part

I hear it so many times. A couple who have been married for decades, then one dies. The other is soon to follow. It happens all the time. My Uncle Charlie did not last too long here on earth after my Aunt Thelma passed away. He died of a broken heart. A friend of mine just lost her grandfather, four weeks to the day after losing her grandmother.

This is especially hard for those who survive. Just when you are coming out of your grief from the loss of one loved one, you have to go through it all over again. This means the loss of two parents for some, or for the little ones, both grandparents. It is devastating.

However, I have to see the beauty and miracle of literally not being able to live without someone. To be with someone for so long that you are truly a part of each other. You share the same air, and when one is gone, you just can't go on breathing. I hope to be so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment