Now I have been to countless concerts in my life, from Ben Vereen to Metallica to Prarie Home Companion to Michael Bolton, Bon Jovi a dozen times, Alan Jackson, anyone with big hair, and everything in between. However, I have not been to any music concert in well over ten years. My husband and I have some sort of concert curse, we buy tickets and something will always happen to prevent us from going. My mom has seen Keith Urban twice on me, once with my daughter, and I am bitter! Ok, not really, but really a little. So when this one worked out, I knew we were going to have a great time, for the mere fact that we were actually going. The venue is about 1/2 mile from the house, another bonus. We went to dinner, and jotted over.
The first thing I noticed was there was not a caravan of concert goers booming the musician we were going to see in their cars to get pumped up. Weird. There was no liquor to sneak in, or chug in the parking lot. I actually took my purse in with me, instead of stashing money and cigs in my pants pockets like I used to do. Inside, there was no thick layer of cigarette smoke, and oddly enough, no one was tokin' up. It was like some strange parallel universe.
Matthew West was, as expected, charming and funny. I love his music, but since he was the opener for the opener, he had about four square feet of stage and his guitar. Then came Jeremy Camp. This was the highlight of MY evening. He has a great story to tell of his life up until now, and his music is just about perfect.
Then...then came tobyMac. I have heard him on the radio, but do not own any of his music. If I did, I might have known what I was in for! Apparently his music I hear on the radio, which on our usual station is considered high energy and more on the rock side, is the tamest of his stuff. Think Beastie Boys meets Red Hot Chili Peppers meets KC and the Sunshine Band meets....the Holy Spirit. A huge ensemble band. And they were fantastic! Katie was on her feet the whole time, I was on my feet most of the time lol. These guys were just great!
It was, of course, a very spiritual time too. Seeing the whole arena with their hands in the air, singing out to Him and the world, well I just sat and watched and took it all in. Matthew 18:20-For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. Indeed.
Loving her new shirt.

My pretty girl.

Jeremy Camp

tobyMac, down wit'da people.

I don't know her, but I think she is beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment