Thursday, August 19, 2010

Tall, curvy, honest, awesomeness, man.

I finally realized why I am not here, blogging on a regular basis. Facebook and Twitter, that's why! I am now blogging in the form of status updates and 140 character snippets of life, with feedback. Yes, I get feedback, you know, like comments would be here. wink wink

I guess that is a reflection of life with ADD. I do not have time to sit and actually talk about what is going on in my life, my home, my head in depth so it is acceptable to just let it fly in a sentence or two and on to the next.....wow a butterfly! After all, I have several unfinished books laying around and my house is in shambles not because I never work, but because I begin projects and do not complete them before moving on to the next. And in between not finishing books or projects I frequently (way too frequently) take a minute to let everyone know what I am not doing, interject an ascerbic thought on politics, a song lyric or quote that in my mind makes me seem deep and intellectual or offering a gluten-free recipe. This is how ADD works, you see. I take that minute and the next thing you know it's midnight and my kids are complaining about being hungry and asking when dinner is. #twelveyearoldscanmakeasandwichgeez Oh wait, I'm here...

Or...I have nothing to say. Nah, that can't be right.

My kids. My God they are growing up! Sean is now playing football. He is the tallest and fastest kid in his weight class. Next week they have their draft for teams. Looking at my, as of yesterday, eleven year old in his full uniform gives me visions of a future NFL star buying his mama a house! But also makes my head spin wondering where that little curly headed child was that was just curled up in my lap yesterday. My darling Kate is ahem growing. Growing up, growing out... She is only two inches shorter than her taller than average mother and dear God help me! she has.....ugh I can barely say it, curves. I am finding myself glaring at young men who are staring at her and I want to scream "She's freaking twelve, pervert!" But we're just playing it cool. "Yeah, you look cute honey. That's a cute outfit. Would you like me to braid your hair? Bring me those teddy bear clippies, I will make you look cute." CUTE please. Tommy is just hilarious. Asperger's = honest and factual, which leads to both embarrassment and laughter. Combine that with a penchant for reciting movie or show lines and you need to be on your toes! Recently I was sitting along with another mom at my daughter's school playground waiting for a band concert to begin. Tommy approached the bench we were sitting on and stood directly in front of her, very much inside her personal space. He studied her for a moment, and when she finally became uncomfortable and asked him if she could help him he looked her in they eye and said "We don't need your scum.". So I caught my breath and picked myself up off the ground, and quickly attempted to explain his quirk. I admit, if she was not Asian I would not have been quite so mortified. I think I handled it well. You know, stammer through an explanation and slink off with my little Imperial Officer in tow. Let's go Captain Needa, you have alienated enough people for the day. *chuckle* (For those of you who don't get the reference, where the hell have you been for thirty years?) Just this morning he had taken the netbook downstairs to play a game, which only meant that he was playing something he was not allowed to play. He has developed quite an aim, I must say. Anyway, I called down to him to ask what he was playing. He replied, "You don't want to know!". Honest, and factual.

My other kid, the guy I married is well too. Recently we were in a state of quiet panic over contract changes at work. As always, God has taken care of us as He always does and things are steady. Well, as steady as we get anyway. We are approaching our anniversary- 15 years! Sometimes I can not believe I have stuck with anything for 15 years. Other times, I can not believe he has stuck with me for 15 years. What a man!

I did inquire about a job with the county but the application process is proving to be challenging. I am in need of employment references that no one wants to give anymore. All you can hope to get from any employer is the fact that you worked for them and when. No one will talk about how awesome I am! I suppose if I were not sitting on the fence about going back to work I might put forth the effort to obtain said awesomeness vouchers, but honestly my heart's just not in it.

I am making an effort to blog more. I certainly get more from my journaling when I do take the time to sit and "talk" it out instead of talking about my entire life on a Facebook status no one really cares about anyway. I figure if you are reading here, you do. Please don't tell me if I'm wrong. I'm awesome, remember? My son Tommy told me so. Honest and factual.





1 comment:

  1. You are indeed awesome. And I do look to see if you update your blog. :D

    ReplyDelete