Monday, August 30, 2010

Stream of chaos.

I woke up thoroughly confused, I didn't know what day it is. With Pat's schedule being what it is and ever changing and the kids not being in school, I never know what day it is. Weekends do not exist. Thank goodness school starts next Tuesday, and I will be forced into some sort of structure as I can not seem to create it for myself. I remembered I needed to call the pediatrician's billing office. They have threatened to drop Tommy from the practice fire me because of an outstanding balance from June of last year. They say our insurance returned the claim denied because he was not on the policy at that time. He was. I called them. Six times in the last few months! Each time, a recording. Each time, no return call. This time, the system can't even take a message because it is full. Clearly, there is an issue there. I called the actual office and made a stinky. However while I was on the phone with the insurance company, I made mention of the fact that we have not received new cards for the new policy that began this month. "Umm, Mrs. Ryan I don't show you as active." Great. Called HR, waiting on a call back because HEY, we have been in the ER twice this month. Ths kids are absolutely insane today, Back To The Future III is on, very loudly. Tommy likes to scream. My husband has left for work, how dare he?? Cancer has reared it's ugly head yet again for someone I love. Actually, for her dad. It's terminal. People are devastated. I know exactly how she feels. I am helpless and I hate cancer. I had eggs with cheese for breakfast, and strangely I am considering another cup of coffee, which I clearly do not need. My kids have lived here their entire lives. Well, since the oldest was four. Anyway, when doing the dishes, the question "Where does this go?" will naturally make me bristle. My little guy "accidentally" went to bed without a pull-up last night and woke up dry. Then he made his own bowl of cereal. Yet, he is screaming for fun. Win some, lose some. We might be getting a dog. It's a great story, she is in Costa Rica right now. Sure, I could get a dog anywhere, but I prayed and asked God to send us a dog if it is right. Lo and behold, a beautiful 25 lb. opportunity presented itself, all the way from a friend's vacation. I will share the story if and when it comes to fruition, but it looks good. She has a heart on her face, and my father's dream was to retire with his boat in Costa Rica. Hey, I'm the one telling the story here! It's all connected in my mind. I need to shampoo the carpets. I can shampoo the carpets. I have no excuse not to shampoo the carpets. I am apparently in love with the comma and need to check that more, often.

I need some quiet.

1 comment: