Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"The good stuff"

New reports are swirling today regarding exactly when Michael Jackson died. At home, at the hospital. Really? I suppose from a litigous standpoint, it matters. To me, it does not.

What does matter to me is that a doctor gave MJ Propofol (diprivan) to sleep.

I have had Propofol. Propofol allows my doctors to stick a camera down my throat, through my stomach and to go further into my bile ducts. Propofol allows my doctor to insert a camera tube into....the other end and wind it through my colon. And I don't feel or remember a thing.

It requires heart monitoring. It requires an anesthesiologist and at least two registered nurses to be present. It requires that I do not drive or make a single legal decision for 24 hours after I am off of it.

If this drug was administered as has been reported, this so-called doctor should be in prison. Period. License revoked forever, prison time for negligent homicide. The end.

Yes, when I am scheduled for a procedure I always make sure I get "the good stuff". It is appropriate and indicated. It is unfathomable to me that Propofol would be considered as a 'sleep aid'. It's like nuking an anthill.

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to leave you a comment that has totally nothing to do with MJ...but just because I wanted you to know that I like you...like a lot...but not stalkerish or anything...yet.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you! To use anesthesia to take the edge off so you can sleep better is insane! It is frightening that a doctor would sign off on such nonsense as this. He deserves to do time.

    ReplyDelete