Monday, December 21, 2009

A White Christmas

We will have a white Christmas! The snow has already fallen, but it won't be going away anytime soon. We got around 2ft.! School is closed for the week, I am ready pretty much ready for Christmas, and I actually have some time to relax this week. Let's see if I remember how.

I saw Dr. B. last week for what I thought was an inflammatory mass in my abdomen. This is a typical effect of Crohn's, but does reqire at least a look and feel by your doctor. Sometimes medication is warranted. I am glad I went, as I don't have a mass after all. Nope, I have a hernia! Isn't that special? After four pregnancies, being the size I am and very little exercise, I guess it's no surprise. Hernias require surgical repair, but it would be elective at this point. We are on a watch and wait status with tentative plans to get in there and repair it as soon as it's convenient. Did you get that? As soon as surgery is convenient, we will schedule it. I thought that was comical, too!

Needless to say, I was not able to shovel much snow. I say much, because I did shovel some. I had to make a tunnel from the back door to under the deck for the animals to have a place to go. Chihuahuas are chickens, it turns out. Only smaller.

Today is a very important day! Today is December 21st, the winter solstice. This means our days will begin getting longer again. I can officially begin counting the days to spring!

After I enjoy this beautiful white Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment