
The weather started out cold and rainy. We ended with cold and snowy! Big, fat fluffy snow. We were at Reston Town Center, with the huge Christmas tree next to the ice skating rink. It looked like a winter wonderland.
There were thousands of girls! The DJ had everyone pumped up and ready to go, despite the fact that most of us had gotten up before 6am. Not to sound trite, but the air was truly electric. The girls were so excited. When they played the Rocky theme just before the start, I might have gotten a little choked up, but I would never admit that!
Good luck hugs from mom...

...dad (could he look any more proud?!)...

...Grandma and Tommy (could he look any happier?!)

...and even Sean.

Runners, READY!

Go baby go!!

We don't have official times yet, but we figure she did the race in about 35 minutes.* I am impressed, to say the least!
*Update- Katie's official time was 39:35:52.
Getting congratulatory hugs (and warmth) from little brother and cousins John and Caroline.

And again, proud papa.

Way to go Katie! You set a goal, worked toward it and nailed it! I am so proud of you honey.
And as a bonus, we came home to this. The snow is still falling, it's gorgeous.
Congratulations Katie!! Way to stick with it. 35 minutes is a great time.
ReplyDeleteGirls on the Run is so much fun, whoooooooo!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your girl's run! I've been a GOTR coach for 4 years so I know how hard she worked.