Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Weaner Chronicles - The End

Oh that actually hurts to type.

I have breastfed all of my four children for varying amounts of time, and with varied success. With Tim, I quit after 5 1/2 months in tears, no support or knowledge. Then eleven years later, with Kate, I had "issues" and my breast pump and I were closer than my baby and I it seemed. (Not really) With Sean, we made it one year, and had thrush for 9 months of it. For those of you not lactationally versed, that is just a huge pain in the, er..boobs. Then came Tommy. I set the goals, and one by one met them until I got myself into a situation of being somewhat stuck. Three years and five months. This is such a monumental accomplishment. While I have in recent months felt somewhat used, abused and violated at times, I have loved every precious moment looking down at those astonishingly beautiful faces. I will truly miss those moments. (Moments, hours, days, months....) I have said it so many times about motherhood- the days drag on and on, but the months and years just fly by.

So I know this is really a beginning, not an end. I will keep repeating this to myself in the coming days...

No comments:

Post a Comment