Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Field Trip? But what about ME?!

Tomorrow Katie's 4th grade class is taking a field trip to Jamestown and Yorktown. Katie is really into history at this point, and she is beyond excited! I am excited for her, pretty much.

Instead of focusing on the things she will see and learn, and the big girl freedom she will feel going on such a long journey, all I am thinking about is the 'long journey' part. All my mama brain can compute is that I am putting her on a bus with God knows who driving, to drive three hours each way, which is entirely to far for me to just come running and kiss away whatever horrible thing might happen to her. I am certain there are nothing but bus accidents on the news lately. You may say I am imagining it all, but I am sure of it. Well maybe not NOTHING but, but I am remembering it pretty much like Pope, bus accident, Obama, bus accident, weather, bus accident, bus accident caused by weather, Obama bus accident? Anyway, yeah that is how my mind is rolling. What if she gets car sick? What if she falls? What if she decides to wander off? (This is a true concern!) What if she gets kidnapped by pirates? Oh, well she would love that actually.

I am sure all of this will fade away, at least momentarily, as I am trying to get her out of bed at 5:30am tomorrow. I believe I will save all available housework until tomorrow too, maybe get some paint for the house, shampoo the carpets, toothbrush scour the grout, bake bread, eat bread, bake more bread, drink at noon, dig that in ground pool we have always wanted....

If your caller ID title has the word "county", "state", "police" or "hospital" in it, please, please do NOT call me.

2 comments:

  1. She had a blast! She loved the charter buses, they were apparently "very fancy and awesome". She is wiped out!

    ReplyDelete