Monday, May 16, 2011

Is it Monday already?

All in all, I have to say I had a pretty great weekend! Other than a little mama drama, everything went according to plan and was very relaxing.

Saturday, we traveled to Maryland for the Tim Hawkins concert I mentioned before. The travel was smooth, the show was great, we came home with money left in our pockets and no one got angry, sick, hurt or lost. Total win.

Mama drama? Well, you would have to know my mom. In a nutshell, we clashed over the fact that my brother has been camped out on my son and daughter-in-law's couch for two months, allowing them to support themselves, their daughter, and him, and they want him to leave. Being young and....and....hmmm....what is it about young people that prevents them from speaking their minds? Oh yea, it's the whole "not being 40" thing. Because that's what worked for me! Anyway, they were reluctant to tell him to leave, which I actually do understand. My mom was reluctant to tell her 30 year old son what to do, and I was certainly not going to tell my 23 year old son he needs to speak up. Neither of those guys need a meddling mom. However, my pregnant daughter-in-law needed an advocate so I got the ball rolling. Which was uncomfortable for everyone. Except me. Basically, I was telling my mom that her son was freeloading off of my son and it needs to stop, and she needed to pay for the ticket home. So there, I have done my part.

Then she came and spent the day with us. Luckily, she brought my uncle who we have not seen in a long time. Pizza. Conversation. Iced tea. A perfect Sunday.

I did contact a psychologist for an appointment, who returned my call and will be scheduling me very soon. I am actually looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment