Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Idle hands

Guess what I have accomplished today?

Well, we can look at the small scale, which can be monumental on some days. I showered. I took meds and vitamins. I have eaten.

Yep, that's it.

I asked myself at one point today, "What could I have done if I hadn't been on the computer?"

So I came here to write about that.

ADD is so hard to explain to those who don't experience it first hand. Harder still to explain to those who don't believe in it.

Let's say I make a plan, a list. A sequence of tasks and steps that will keep me on track. A schedule. Blocks of time for this and that. End points. You name it. I get psyched. This is really going to work! How can it fail?

Then I get up the next day and completely forget I even made such a list, much less refer to it. By 11:00am I am already in "fuck-it-mode".

And where is that list, anyway?

There's always tomorrow, I suppose.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, you sound like me! My life has been such chaos lately. I run around accomplishing very little. I'm trying to organize myself a little each day, lists are not my thing but I'm going to try.

    Now I'm off to run a few errands :)

    ReplyDelete