Friday, October 30, 2009

Nothing

I keep thinking I need something to write about when I blog. Then I realized what I like about other blogs I read- the nothingness of some posts. Just daily musings and tidbits. This is the point of my blog, to "share the monumental and everyday miracles" of my life, right? Sometimes in writing the tedious details of my exciting life (/sarcasm), it is then that I discover yet another miracle.

This weekend, my baby turns five! Every birthday of Tommy's has been so bittersweet because he is my last baby. He has already started to pull away in that way kids do, and become more independent. Less cuddly. He still lights up when he sees me at the end of the day, but now it is just a smile and a bright "Mommy!" rather than a running, arms wide open "MOMMMYYYY!". I am so proud of my little boy who was *I swear* just yesterday was a baby.

We have a little party planned with just family, and of course his class will get a cupcake party today. In between that is Halloween. Oh Lord, here we go! The sugar rush doesn't usually end for a week or two around here.

I am on Weight Watchers. Again. Here's hoping it sticks, blah blah blah. I guess the thing with weight loss is, you just keep trying and eventually something clicks. Or it doesn't. But you keep trying, right?

I am feeling pretty good! I had the flu last week. We are not sure if it was "that" flu, you know the one. But we think 'probably'. Anyway, it was not fun but wasn't the end of the world either. Katie had it as well, and we are both right as rain now. I had been feeling a little "Crohn's-y" for a while. My doctor gave me some medicine which has me feeling much better. So the good news is that I am better, but the obvious bad news is that I am indeed dealing with Crohn's symptoms again. Here's hoping we stay on top of it!

Ok, so not so much "nothing" after all.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, your second paragraph brought tears to my eyes. My little man is only one, but I am dreading that pull away already. I am sure it will be fun to watch him become more independent, but I sure love mothering my baby. . .

    ReplyDelete