I can't believe it's October already! I am looking forward to the calendar changing from 2009 to 2010, believe me! But I feel like I blinked, and suddenly I am looking at Christmas gifts.
What a whirlwind this year has been. Good things, bad things. Very bad things. Yet through it all, all is still good and still forward motion.
We have lost loves. We have been blessed. We have inherited a house. We have also inherited debt we can not afford. We have gained insight into our childrens' thoughts and feelings through it all, and there have been challenges. There have been breakthroughs. Our little man is thriving in school. Our older kids are thriving into adulthood. We are healthy, we are happy. We are not happy about everything, we are not happy every minute, but we are a happy family. We are blessed.
As we head into the season of Thanksgiving (and I don't mean just on the calendar) it is so important to be truly thankful. God gives and takes away. The only certainty in any of it is that He gives. He always gives, He always will.
And did I mention I am excited for a new year?
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment