Whew! I have been busy the last few days. I am tired and sore and weary and not done.
We have been rearranging our bedrooms. No, not moving stuff in the bedrooms, but actually swapping bedrooms. Does that sound dirty? Anyway, we moved the boys into our room, us into the in-laws' room, and all the in-laws' stuff into what is now the guest room. YAY! for having a guest room! Everyone seems pretty happy so far, especially Tommy who has a new big boy bed (well, new to him) and has been content to stay in it all night for two nights. Yes, everybody is happy so far!
Yesterday was crazy. I had a meeting at Kate's school, then Pat had a doctor's appointment, then we got some information we weren't expecting and spent time trying to sort all that out, then the kids got home and we started afternoon routines with homework, preparing dinner and sucking down the afternoon coffee to get through it all. Then, my friend Cheryl called to tell us there would be two Black Hawk helicopters landing in the field just behind our house at the university, for the ROTC to practice some maneuvers. Well, we could not pass that up! So we abandoned homework and dinner plans, and went straight over! It was worth the disruption, we had fun watching the landings and take-offs. Side note- Katie recently told me she wants to be an Army soldier, and yesterday she was completely enthralled in those helicopters. I also caught her removing her desert camo hat to fashion her hair into a bun just like the female ROTC soldiers we saw there.
On our way back home I was looking forward to getting into my cookie pants and settling in for some tv time. As we were driving by the school I noticed the cars, the parents and the kids all over the place. Hmm, I wonder what's going on her....D'OH! Back to school night. *sigh* My cookie pants would have to wait.
I finally settled into the pants, the tv and the couch just in time for The Office, and was fast asleep before The Mentalist got going.
If you have kids who are not yet in school, and think you will get "me time" when they finally go, think again my friends. Think again.
Friday, September 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ya, there is even less "me time" now that both the kids are in school full time. Sigh.
ReplyDelete