Pop's obituary was printed today, that makes it real. Right? I still have a hard time believing it, or rather being in it. The truth that is. It's not that I don't believe it, or know it, I am just not living it yet.
Tommy has apparently started having a reaction to his grandfather's death. We told him, in simple terms, grandpa died, and he was very matter-of-fact about it. This is what I would expect of any four year old. However in the last few days, if Pat or I leave the house without giving Tommy a kiss and a hug, he falls apart. Screaming, hysterical crying. I promised him today that we would never leave him again without a kiss and hug. We have a birthday party to attend to day for my niece H., I know it's going to be a ton of fun for the kids, and hopefully a good distraction.
The rest of the family is doing as well as can be expected. We have been having the mother of Irish wakes in the last few days! I know Pop would have loved the scenes that have played out.
Monday, July 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi, Shawnee... I'm so sorry for your family's loss.
ReplyDelete(I've seen you "around" the last few days and today at Jennifer M's Blog Frog community.)
Thank you Rebecca!
ReplyDelete