Nothing, and everything. Sometimes you get to a point in life where it changes so much, it becomes no change at all.
I am getting ready to see my dad, who is coming for a visit. Naturally, we are anxious in many ways, knowing it is what it is, which is a good bye. But only an earthly one, a physical one, because I know I will see him again one day.
My father-in-law is improving. We finally got home health approved, so now when I have a concern I can pick up the phone, which will result in fewer doctor visits and hospital visits for him. Good for everyone!
In some sort of freak cosmic joke, Pat and I have both injured our feet this week. Pat popped something in his heel Monday during his PT test for work, and like our very own little Kerri Strug championed on to finish his mile. Then didn't move for two days. While I painted. But I am just glad it wasn't more serious. Really, I am. Then yesterday our neighbor found a black snake on her porch, again. Normally, Pat dons a pair of work gloves and grabs him up, releasing him into the woods. He always comes back. This time Katie wanted to try. I was slightly distracted, and knowing it was a harmless snake I said "sure". About a minute later, my body said NO, and I ran out to stop her, placing my foot into a large divet in the yard. So limpy and gimpy we are. It's funny, I went to the store to get a brace for Pat's foot, and they were on sale, buy one get one 50% off. I thought, why would I need two??
We finally painted the living room and dining room! It looks very nice if I do say so myself. I still need to get the trim around the windows done, replace some sockets and outlets, and buy a nice rug to cover the not so nice carpet, but the big job is done!
Today feels like a traditional Virginia summer day, hot soup! I plan to get a lot done around here, just not so quickly!
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment