Thursday, February 21, 2008
Too shy shy
So I have this social issue. I am not social. I am sure I am seen around the neighborhood as someone who is nice, she just doesn't talk much. A Christmas party will always require premedication in the form of wine. Sitting around with the other moms at the Girl Scout meetings? Um, yeah, I need to do this important thing at home. Now online, I am out there. Big mouth, big opinions, I will jump right in. As an exercise for this Lenten period, I have challenged myself to refrain from a message board I have spent way too much time on for over three years. Oh I still peek in every so often so make sure everyone is ok, and who had a baby etc., I am just not participating. I see it as "listening without speaking", trying to really get to know some people I really don't know well at all. But the sad fact is, I am super lonely without them, drama or no drama. So I have to really dig deep, because what if my computer crashes? My next question for myself is- WHO do I want to hang out with? What am I interested in? Well let's see, I am a SAHM, my interests generally lie in food, clothes, poop and homework. Ok, now I am starting to see where the problem might be. Is this really all there is? Of course not! So, what else is there that I would be into? Hmmmmm. I got nothing. I need to do some looking around and see what looks like fun. First, before I can have any fun, I need to talk to people. Real people. Not my friends that live in a box. I am not sure when I stopped being social, because I always was growing up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment