Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A pack rat, at 10?

My daughter just can not let go of anything. Nothing! I tried to clean her room yesterday, as I don't get hazard pay around here, and made the HUGE mistake of not throwing out the trash bag I had filled with junk. Yes, junk. Broken toys. Barbies that look like 10 years of bad road. Things with missing pieces. Some things, I could not even tell what they were. Well, she found it, and oh my stars you should have seen the tears. What causes a child her age to be that way? I mean, some of that stuff was never even hers! Ok, my game plan- do it again, tie off the bag, and bury it at the bottom of the garbage can.

1 comment:

  1. Kinda reminds me of the time when you were just a little older than Katie, and lost EVERYTHING. I can scan and send you the pictures to help her put things in perspective. But beyond that, what you are planning to do next time is what every parent (and some partners) learns eventually.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete