Uncle Kracker opened the show. Now I would probably not choose to see him, meaning I would not go out of my way to pay money to do it. I could take him or leave him. But I also knew that I have never had a bad time at a concert, not that I can recall. Everything from Styx (my first) to Ben Vereen to Metallica to Michael Bolton to Bon Jovi to Sawyer Brown to Queensryche to Kenny G (with a bonus Michael Bolton) to Blue Oyster Cult to Jimmy Wayne to Paul Rogers to Radney Foster to Ozzy Osbourne to Journey to Alan Jackson to Guns N Roses to...Jason Aldean. And everything in between. A good time, every time. This was no different. He opened with John Anderson's Swingin', a damn fine start. Closed with Smile, a great finish.
But Jason, he did not even hint at disappointing. He played every single hit song he has had and many others we haven't heard. It was high energy, rocking, crowd-riling jamming from beginning to end. The end which, by the way, was Kid Rock's Cowboy and the first time I have ever enjoyed that tune.
During the show, we were also getting text updates from both husbands about the apparently awesome Redskins/Texans game. We would find ourselves reading our phones at the exact same times, and noticed a few Redskins jersey clad people in the crowd doing the same. As we were leaving, slightly lamenting the fact that we were missing a great game but still on fire from the fantastic show, we noticed a crowd gathered around an RV that was parked in the lot. We approached and saw that the tailgaters had a tv going and our game was tied at 27 at the two minute warning. Well, clearly we are not going anywhere just yet, we decided. We stayed there with those fine, hospitable and mostly intoxicated people until the bitter losing end. I felt like I could have stayed there all night, it was a great party in the field! Instead, I drove the hour and a half home mostly at 65, with the windows down to a 72 degree evening and with the music up way too loud.
Quite a perfect day!
It was such a perfect day!
ReplyDelete