First up this morning was Kate. Up for junior high! She and I had coffee together. We are going without Adderall for now. Kate has changed a lot with regards to focus and attention span. I am hoping that having a change of scenery every fifty minutes and a brisk walk between classes will help keep her on track. We will see!
Then Sean got up, ready for King Of The Mountain, aka sixth grade. He does the best in school, and hates it the most. Go figure.
Then I woke up my kindergartener, Tommy. He is super excited to make new friends and "help everyone out". He was in pre-school and knows the lay of the land so he is ready to show the new kids where to go and what to do.
I have lots to keep me busy! I am clearing out more "stuff". I unloaded a few furniture items though I did gain a couple as well. One is quite functional, and the other one is a NordicTrack. I love Freecycle! The weather is still gorgeous but I see it will get hot again today. Now that the kids are in school, it just feels like it should be cooler from now on, dontcha think? It feels sweaters and leaves and apple butter are the next step, and I want it all today!
Speaking of Christmas, my family is already making Christmas plans! Where we will meet, what we will eat etc. Yikes. Seriously, let me have my apples first! I don't really consider it the holiday season until Halloween, then I am full on ready. It didn't seem right to be making plans when the temps are still in the "warm" range.
But then again, today is Christmas! Merry Christmas, moms!
No comments:
Post a Comment