Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Providential Cocktail

Timing is sometimes amazing.

I went to Home Depot today to get some picture nails, mulch and soil. As I was walking through the outdoor garden section, I saw an ominous storm rolling in. I quickly paid for my stuff and headed for the car. However, as soon as I had my things in the car, I just stood and watched. This was the most amazing storm I had seen in a long time. There was this dark "stripe" moving across the sky, with greens and reds swirling within it. I could almost see the funnel forming in front of me. I just thought how awesome God is. Once it started raining I got in the car, and by then could not leave because it was just raining way too hard, so I waited it out.

Then I headed to the grocery store. I parked and got out of the car, and decided at the last moment to go into the liquor store to get a little libation. I got what I wanted, and then had to wait at the register for a bit. For some reason, and this is the cool part, for some reason it took about a minute and a half to get my receipt to print.

When I finally got it I headed out the door...at the exact moment my mother walked by! Her arms were full of stuff. Her car had broken down and she had parked it just around the corner from where we were. We were a couple of blocks from her house, which she was going to have to walk to in that storm if I had not happened to be there. So I took her home.

And now I am having the cocktail that was meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment