...I set out my "nice" dishes, on my prettiest tablecloth, and served a "special" dinner...
...I searched for the perfect little something for someone I love, nothing big, just something that simply yet elegantly says "I love you and think of you"...
...I called the relatives I rarely get to talk to...
...I tipped a little extra when I could...
...I made a point of wishing strangers well and spreading good cheer...
...I cleaned my house for myself and my family like I do for the company that is coming over...
...I hung festive lights in my home...
...I remembered and reflected on the miraculous birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ and the sacrifices He would later make for us...
...every day of the year?
Would that water down Christmas, or enrich it?
I would think it would ultimately dilute the value of the trimmings and trappings. Just for an experiment, though, try to do as much of this as you can on any day you attend church in 2011. Let us know how it goes. There might even be a reality TV show in it for you!
ReplyDelete