Friday, April 16, 2010

Short and sweet randomness

-Spring cleaning is going...slowly. I find myself fairly tired these days. I thought I was being lazy, but have come to realize (which is, of course, different than knowing)...

-that even though my liver lab numbers are what my doc likes to call "pristine", I can still have symptoms. Since I have no jaundice, loss of appetite, unexplained weight loss or itching, I figured fatigue was the result of just being sedentary. But the level of fatigue I feel when it hits is like a brick wall, not the usual gradual decrease in energy I usually feel. So I am listening to it and resting when I feel like it.

-Speaking of health (and brick walls) President Obama has passed the "gay health care law". While I wholeheartedly agree with this law, there are some caveats and things I definitely do not agree with. Anyone who has ever been in an emergency situation where a life or death decision needs to be made knows that there is no time to argue legality or produce documents that are not there at the time. It's a good step in a good direction, but is still lacking. Now what I do not like one teeny tiny little bit is the fact that he has mandated only hospitals who accept Medicare and Medicaid. (Most hospitals participate at this time.) What precedent this has set is allowing the federal government to mandate health care decisions because they accept federal money. One has to wonder, what's next to be enforced? Abortions? Euthanasia? C-sections? Circumcision? Sterilization? Reaching, am I? I don't know. The fact that gays would have any rights at all was once thought of as inconceivable, so it is certainly within the realm of possibility.

-Today is the three year anniversary of the Virginia Tech shootings. On April 16, 2007, we were all Hokies.

-Yesterday was the four year anniversary of my baptism. Tax day. Yes, the Lord giveth and He taketh away.

-I have decided that a National Day of Prayer is not necessary. At least not worth being bothered about. I have declared every day "pray day". Do it. Wherever, whenever, and for whomever you choose. Each President signs the mandate each year, Obama's decision does not go beyond next year, and Obama is temporary anyway. Regardless, it doesn't matter, it never really did.

There you have it. (Not so) short, (not always so) sweet, and random.

No comments:

Post a Comment