Now, I will freely admit that I can not go to the store for one thing and come back with less than three. If I go out for milk, not only will I get more than milk, but I also may come home without milk. I can be scattered as well, but that's another story. But I am not so impulsive that I go out and buy new cars on a whim, or get tattoos or piercings I will regret.
I feel the real issue with me is not impulsiveness, but rather lack of planning ability. If there is too much thinking involved, too much planning, too much organizing...well then I just get lost. I lose all motivation. And waiting? Even harder.
I have been "planning" in my head, which should read: telling myself that I am going to plan, a yard sale. I have mentioned it several times in the last few months. My husband is just about at that "Yeah, right." stage, which means it's time to move. No, not him! So yesterday as I was driving to the store for milk (and macaroni salad, and clementines, and French bread, and creamer, and strawberries, and sponge cake, and whipped cream...) it hit me. And so next week I "plan" to just throw all our crap in the yard and wing it. I will put up a few signs, price stuff as I set it out and just do it. No planning. No organizing.
So is this my new motto-"Just Do It"? Ugh. I am not a fan of Nike, especially with their recent
Digressing, that I do.
Anywhooo, where was I? Milk? No. Yard sale. Do it. Gonna. Wanna buy some crap? Drop on in!
No comments:
Post a Comment