I have had this blog for how long? A couple of years. I don't know. It's mostly for me. And my dad, who keeps in touch with what is going on with us here because he is not the Facebook type. A few friends. And a few who read and think I don't know they do. *smirk*
Apparently, there is a "Blog World". Like, a bunch of people do this. No, I'm not kidding, really! And there are sub-communities. These people know each other, like oh yeah, I know her from blahblahdotcom! I mean, I read a few blogs too, but I don't know these people. It's like having neighbors you talk to and know. This never occurred to me. I just thought I have my blog, and other people have some blogs, and some other people have really big blogs that loads of people read. But no, it's Blog World out there.
And what I have learned in this big new world is that, apparently, there are rules. I am turned off by this, and if you know me that probably does not surprise you. Rules about what you share, how you share it, if it's true, can you be scrutinized for it or not...crazy shit. Oh yeah, some people don't like cussing either. My bad.
So I just wanted to say, for my part in the World of Blog, this is my blog and I share whatever the hell I want. I could be lying, I could be making everything up. I might not even be a woman. Who knows for sure? Well, my dad does. I blog for me, not for my people. Maybe I am boring, and maybe that is why I am not Bloggerstar. And maybe I like it that way. It sure seems that the better you are known, the better you have to be. Celebrity is poison, that's for sure. And apparently, bloggers can become celebrities! I have "met" a few who make a tidy living with it, even support their husbands who I am certain lay on their butts all day watching movies, which gives them something else to blog about so it's win-win.
Me, I'm just keeping a journal. I like to think I am funny, deep and creative, regardless of the truth. I think what I write is stellar! *cough* So anyway, I don't care much about these rules I have discovered.
Same shit, different world.
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi, I found your blog from the mckmama prayer one. I feel your pain, I lost my grandpas within 2 1/2 months of each other... Granted I was 23 years old, but it was really hard. I am praying for you and for your family.
ReplyDeleteThank you Jennifer. :)
ReplyDeleteYour post made me laugh. Damn you for being a real person and calling it how it is. It is funny when people blog in make believe and I think that if that is what you want to do then say it. LOL If I had a blog my shit would crack people up big time cause it would all be seriously and obviously made up!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat is that saying- I would rather be hated for what I am than loved for what I am not. ;)
ReplyDeleteLove it!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jaime! :)
ReplyDelete