Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It seems I can't win.

Well, that is not entirely true. However it does seem I can't stick with a plan, but not for lack of trying.

It is a long standing joke in my house, when I am trucking along with losing some weight something happens. I get pregnant. I get sick. Something or other to derail me.

And here we are again. I was doing well with a plan that emphasized lower carbs, more whole grains, brown rice, loads of fruits and veggies, no refined pastas or flours.

Along comes Crohn's again. This go around, I am better over all. By the time I was diagnosed the first time, I was already intractable and surgery was just about the only option for a young mother of two very young children. It bought me some time, and I am glad I did it. Well, the jig is up now. But this time around I am so much better prepared. I know what my options are, and I plan to kick some IBD ass this time. However, everything I was eating, and I mean everything, is a no-no. No whole grains, almost no raw fruits or veggies, very few cooked veggies, canned fruit *shudder*, only refined pastas and breads, only white rice. And no pickles! No nuts! NO POPCORN!!

Obviously eating well for Crohn's takes precedence over eating well for weight loss, and I know they are not mutually exclusive. I am just so tired of thinking about food. Tired of thinking about everything that I eat, or want to eat. Why can't I be one of those people with IBD who lose their appetite and lose too much weight? I kid, I kid.

Sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment