Sunday, July 6, 2008

Are you sure?

I have been praying, meditating, seeking guidance on what to do with my life. Well, aside from being a wife and mother. For the first time, I have let myself be totally open to the answers I receive. I have asked to be led and promised to follow.

All my life I have wanted to be a nurse. I have started a couple of times, I have worked in hospitals. I worked in the emergency department. I worked on the units. I have always known this is what I wanted. Then I knew it wasn't what I wanted. Then it was again. Back and forth. Then I took care of Mary and that really threw me for a loop. I decided I don't like sick people. This is not necessarily a deterrent, nursing is a wide open career field, and I don't ever actually have to see a patient if I don't want to.

Now I am back at "I want to" for several reasons- I am still young enough to earn a decent retirement, there will always be a demand for nurses, and basically, it is what I have always wanted. Even when I didn't. But I now have a strength I didn't have before. I have courage from a new source. I have faith I didn't have for most of my life. This part was easy to figure out.

Yet what I am being pulled toward, what I feel I may be being called to, well... I just can't believe it. The last thing in the world I would ever imagine myself doing- taking care of sick children. I can't explain it yet, or make sense of it in my head, but I feel it, I feel the pull.

More to come when I get more figured out....

No comments:

Post a Comment