Oh! THAT blog. MY blog. Right.
What can I say? Dry spell, I'm here now.
I have noticed a new (to me) trend on blogs called Stream Of Consciousness posts. Basically, you have a lot to say but none of it warrants an entire post, or even an entire paragraph so you jumble it all together. I'm going with that.
Ok, the entire month of May, let's see... I was feeling pretty yucky, but now I feel much better. I got some steroids for Crohn's, which I hate but let's face it, they work! I also tried something else, something I am almost totally convinced could be a mimi miracle for me. Wait, there are no mini miracles. A miracle is never too small, right? Anyway, I have gone gluten free! The diet is simple for me, there are substitutions for just about everything, and if there isn't one I can probably do without a few things too. I am loathe to be indelicate *snicker* but I am having some really great "solid" results. I feel better in general, and have more energy. Speaking of energy, I also added B1 and B12 to my daily pile of pills, it is making a huge difference as well.
I did a 5K for National Police Week, raising money for families of fallen officers. Calm down, I walked the entire thing! It wasn't a race, it was a fundraiser for which I paid a participation fee, so why kill myself right? I joined a couple of other cop wives I met online and we had a lot of fun following the pace car that followed the rest of the walkers and runners. But hey, there were 5 or 6 that came in after us!
That further inspired me to enter Take Steps For Crohn's and Colitis, which I will walk on June 26th. This is another casual walk, but this time I need to raise funds from others to make a difference. Asking for money right now from anyone is not something I relish, so I decided to offer an incentive. For each dollar that is donated to my cause, I will walk 1 mile, up to 250 miles. Not all at once! I pledged to walk all of it, in addition to the actual sponsored walk, before New Years eve. So far I owe people $145 miles! Well, minus the 6 I have walked as of today. I am walking about 2 miles a day. There is a route by my house that is the perfect combination of hills and valleys to make me sweat, raise my heart rate and curse myself for offering myself up in this manner. But afterward, I feel really good and grateful for the incentive. So you see, the incentive is really for me, but don't tell anyone that! If you are so inclined to have me owe YOU a few miles, by all means visit my walker profile and I will be happy to be indebted to you!
I attended a conference in Connecticut for PSC- Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis, that pesky liver disease I have. I can not say enough about how much this weekend meant to me! I felt unsure about going, since I don't look sick, don't always feel sick and only occasionally act sick. So from the outside looking in, I just plain don't look sick. I expected to feel like I did not belong there, it was just for the "real PSCers". Well, that was so dead wrong. I was among people who are and are not well, people who do and do not look well, and everything in between. All ages, all walks of life, all stages of disease, and all bonded by one common thing- PSC. So you see, there truly is good in every little thing on earth. Even teeny, inflamed, sclerosed bile ducts. That was deep, huh? Deep something anyway.
Side note- on the drive to Connecticut, just as I entered New Jersey, Bon Jovi came on the radio. How cool is that?
Kids are great, husband is great. Party with family this weekend. School starting to wrap up. Summer's coming. Life is good.
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad to hear things are going well. It's been pretty dry around my blog too! Been busy with my hubby's graduation and battling my depression. I feel like I'm on the upswing though. Way to go with the walking! You rock!
ReplyDeleteSwinging by to say hello. Happy to hear that you are feeling better :)
ReplyDeleteTerri (the jelly lady)