Thursday, November 12, 2009

Hacked, it's whack, ack!

I have been hacked. I think they breached Facebook, which had two email accounts attached to it. They got into all three. IMs and emails were sent to just about everyone I have ever had contact with via email, saying I was robbed at gunpoint in London and need money to get home. They don't even have guns in London! As if. Like we wouldn't open a good old American can of wompass and handle this ourselves. Pfft.

Long (yes, really long!) story short, this blog has a new home. If you followed a link here, bully for you, you have already found it. But if you have an old link, it no longer works. I moved the entire thing, as I discovered a little while ago "someone" had created a secondary email address for my blog.

I need a new layout! I will be shopping around for "decorating ideas". Until then, vanilla's what you get.

I will also be putting together a detailed post about how this hacking thing happened, what is being done to fix it, and what we can all do in the future to prevent it.

Ok, off to Big Ben now...

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for what happened to you. I am trying to figure out what to do with my blog now (make it private, or just close it and start a new one) because fb is freaking me out with the hacking, and though I don't link to my blog from it, it seems it doesn't matter, huh? The whole internet thing is a little scary. I hope you get it all worked out soon, and I am looking forward to hearing the whole story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shawnee,
    I tried to follow your situation on The Blog Frog but got super confused. How many of there are you? Who's legit? I'm pretty sure I trust YOU since YOU have an actual link to your blog and everything. Pretty sure a scammer would be like the other Shawnees I've seen that don't have a blog link or picture. I think I've seen three of you--you, Shawnee that has a profile picture with a bunch of flowers, and the newest, the one that doesn't have any picture. Am I right? Who of the other two are legit?
    So sorry you have to go through this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awful! My e mail has been hacked in the past but that hasn't ever happened to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie, sorry it took so long to reply! In short, BOTH Shawnee's are real. I am the one who had the flowers, and now have The Thin Blue Line avatar. The other Shawnee was just there to find me, and she has nothing to do with the hacking. It is very confusing, but we are both legit. :)

    ReplyDelete